- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms (I would make it a pound next time)
- 2 cups diced Roma Tomatoes
- crushed red pepper to taste
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pound cooked, skinned and cubed chicken breast
- 16 oz package cooked bow tie noodles
- 4 more cloves garlic minced
Brown 6 cloves of garlic in olive oil, just lightly brown. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and pepper flakes. Cook for a few minutes, until mushrooms and tomatoes are softened. Add broth and simmer to reduce. Add chicken and noodles and rest of garlic…toss to heat through….
Next time I make this I will use green onions also to give it a little zip….
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 c quick cooking grits
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and minced
- 2 T butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound kielbasa (Andouille would be awesome in this)
- 3/4 c whipping cream
- chicken broth
- 1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
Bring water to boil. Gradually whisk in grits. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer until tender and almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Stirring almost 8 minutes. Uncover and stir until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in the jalapenos. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Let cool, but do not set, about 30 minutes. Stir if needed.
Drop the grit mixture by the 1/4 cupful onto nonstick baking sheet. This will form six rounds. Press with fingers to make patties. Let stand for 1 hour totally set up.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the grit cakes for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile….melt butter in large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and sausage, saute until the shrimp are opaque in the center. This will take about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon transfer proteins to plate. Add cream and broth to skillet, stir until thickened, about 3 minutes….add cheese, and simmer until melted and sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
Return shrimp and sausage to skillet, season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Plate grit cakes on plate, (2 for entrée and 2 for appetizer). Spoon sauce over cakes equally. Sprinkle with chives and stir.